Flywheel bolts for LTG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel bolts for LTG

today I found out that the fidanza flywheel is becoming a bit more painful every day. (http://www.exportedafrican.com/wordp...sco-continues/)

The custom bolts were m11x1.5 but only managed 3 threads into the crank. Does anyone know of a simile style bolt that might work?

I haven't seen the factory bolt but a few online show different styles.

Any ideas?? I was going to contact ARP but it might be a known thing already?
    Custom installation in a 1964 Lotus 7. Www.exportedafrican.com

M11, crazy. I was looking to find something on McMasterCarr, but they don't even show an M11, Just goes from M10 to M12. Maybe contact ZZP?

Can you call fizanza? Let them know there is a problem obviously, maybe they can fix the issue.
    2000 S10 2wd ext cab getting an LTG A8 swap

2016 1LT RS, 2.0T A8
    13.462 @ 100.65, stock eng/tune w/ some weight reduction

12.957 @ 103.45, JacFab BigMouth TB & Charge pipe, Catless downpipe, LSD diff swap, Ghetto drag pack, unfinished tune.

Comment

I've called them a few times and honestly they don't have answers or follow through with their promises.

They said they would send me an rma and they would retouch the holes so factory bolts work. I'm tempted to chick up the factory bolts and cut them down .01" and they should fit.

Needles to say- I don't recommend the product to anyone

Comment

You ever figure anything out here? I've been searching for a used stock flywheel, but doesn't seem like there is anything out there. Fidanza and Clutch Masters aftermarket lightweight seem to be cheaper than just buying a new stock flywheel. I did find a new stock one on ebay for 299, but I don't even really want to spend that much, as this is purely for science.

Assuming you already have a clutch there, can you measure the diameter of the friction disc?
        Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 09-11-2018, 07:33 PM.

2016 1LT RS, 2.0T A8

12.957 @ 103.45, JacFab BigMouth TB & Charge pipe, Catless downpipe, LSD diff swap, Ghetto drag pack, unfinished tune.

Comment

I just got the trans and the motor joined so I can't help much on the od.I did record the spine size and count if needed. I'm almost willing to bet its the same size as many ls clutches. I went with the stock clutch and pressure plate. Doing the research I came to the conclusion that with my car being 27% of the Cadillac ats I should be safe and the tires should be the weak point.

Apparently Firenza has revised the design and it can now work with stock bolts. They offer to correct the issue if yours doesn't meet that spec.

I used my lathe and cut the outside diameter down by .05 and they worked like a champ.

I'll post some pictures to my blog tomorrow showing the various steps and stages.

If I did it again I wouldn't be happy to use fidanza but at least it wasn't locking me into a propriety clutch disk. I certainly wouldn't buy a used factory flywheel as the balance is very sensitive and prone to issues when removing a flywheel and pressure plate!

Comment

Yeah, I'm doing some unorthodox thinking... I have a 66 Pontiac tempest wagon, 230 Ohc 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree... I'm debating possibly putting an LTG in it... But would want a manual transmission. I have a Borg Warner world class T5 out of a late 80s camaro I thought might work, along with either making a bellhousing, or adapter, I need some clutch specs, figured I would start there first as its less labor/money intensive to see if I'm just wasting my time or not. If the stock LTG clutch disc is about 9" or 11" diameter, I may not have any issues. The only other option is to take an 11" disc and try to cut it down to 10-10.5 if that's whats needed. Probably more work than its worth, but probably cheaper than buying a $1000+ LTG transmission
            Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 09-11-2018, 09:13 PM.

2016 1LT RS, 2.0T A8

Comment

I'll get some numbers tomorrow

i paid. $500 for my trans with 32k on it. Watch car-parts.com for new stock. At the end of the day the complexity from finding or making a bellhousing, pressure plate and throw out bearing can make it worth the extra $500 to take a path that's been travelled! I'll try getting measurements tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X