Whiskeyfed is getting TUNED!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskeyfed is getting TUNED!!!

So my initial plan was to leave myself enough time to buy HPTuners and get in touch with a tuner (who will remain nameless) and get this all done before Camarofest on July 12. Welp.... weather and not having time to do a lot of the things I wanted to. I now find myself with a cable & credits on the way from the wonderful JacFab himself, a catless downpipe sitting right next to me on my office desk, and 7 days until I leave for Kentucky. I am insanely excited to be working with said tuner.

Wish me luck! I will post results.
    Follow me on Instagram @whiskeyfed

2017 1LT 2.0 Camaro w/ Tech Package
    ZZP Catted DP / SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back / Injen Evolution CAI / ZZP Strut Brace / RPM Charge Pipe / Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs / R1 Concepts Brake Package / Mishimoto Catch Cans, Coolant Tank & Radiator Hoses / Riken Raptor ZR Performance Tires

Good luck!

will you by chance post your files after you get it tuned?

Seems there is limited/no info on good tunes for the ltg out there
    Custom installation in a 1964 Lotus 7. Www.exportedafrican.com

Comment

I will post results, I will not be doing this on a dyno but should still have some stuff to post. I will, of course, post at the discretion of my tuner.

My mods are, intake, catless downpipe, charge pipe from RPM and an axle back.

ZZP Catted DP / SLP Loudmouth Axle-Back / Injen Evolution CAI / ZZP Strut Brace / RPM Charge Pipe / Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs / R1 Concepts Brake Package / Mishimoto Catch Cans, Coolant Tank & Radiator Hoses / Riken Raptor ZR Performance Tires

Comment

I'm guessing 312/325 whp/wtq it's just an ecm tune.

Comment

Originally posted by 603 Camaros View Post
          I'm guessing 312/325 whp/wtq it's just an ecm tune.
          You don't think it will be more TQ than that?

Comment

My tuner typically sees ~330hp and around ~360-370tq on a car with bolt ons.

I shared the graph on the instagram chat a while back about that 2017 in russia he tuned, it was 326hp/373tq... Apparently the car only made 290hp (he didn't mention the tq) on the best tune that ZZP sent the russian.

Hes got an Est. HP, and Est. TQ formula implemented in the logging channels xml he sent me for HP tuners, and says typically on a dyno the run numbers are typically within +-5 of what the log says. On my initial retune, bone stock everything on the car the log shows me 300/312.
            2000 S10 2wd ext cab getting an LTG A8 swap

2016 1LT RS, 2.0T A8
            13.462 @ 100.65, stock eng/tune w/ some weight reduction

12.957 @ 103.45, JacFab BigMouth TB & Charge pipe, Catless downpipe, LSD diff swap, Ghetto drag pack, unfinished tune.

Comment

Cable is arriving sometime within the next week! I am curious to compare my results with someone with a catless downpipe with the same bolt ons to see how restrictive the cat really is.

Big thank you to Jason for allowing me to borrow his cable for tuning

Comment

You know, I keep finding that with a catless DP you lose a lot of low end torque. immediately noticeable upon installing, in comparison from going from the stock cat, to a catless dp.

2016 1LT RS, 2.0T A8

12.957 @ 103.45, JacFab BigMouth TB & Charge pipe, Catless downpipe, LSD diff swap, Ghetto drag pack, unfinished tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
                  You know, I keep finding that with a catless DP you lose a lot of low end torque. immediately noticeable upon installing, in comparison from going from the stock cat, to a catless dp.
                  Too much flow maybe? I mean it would make sense that the exhaust, flowing basically unrestricted could cause a loss of low end power? I will say I couldn't really explain how or why I think that but it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyfed View Post

Too much flow maybe? I mean it would make sense that the exhaust, flowing basically unrestricted could cause a loss of low end power? I will say I couldn't really explain how or why I think that but it makes sense.
                    I'd guess due to the loss of back pressure that causes the loss of low end power.

2016 1LT RS, 2.0T A8

Comment

Originally posted by Jason@JacFab View Post

I'd guess due to the loss of back pressure that causes the loss of low end power.
                      Thats what I was trying to say haha

Comment

Dany just finished up the tune and my goodness. It is a totally different car. Floor it... look down... 110mph... I cannot wait to get some dyno numbers and strip times this weekend!!! Extremely impressed and I cannot wait to really get a hang of the car like this.

Comment

Bet your psyched for the results and now you have numbers to show the difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X